May 20, 2005

Alexis Vogel Makeup

By posted in

Alexis Vogel makeupFor the girls: when you feel the need to look like Pamela Anderson … no, that's not it.

Okay: not all people on the big or small screen fall out of bed looking fabulous at every possible moment. Good "bones" and facial structure aside, a close inspection of film and television stars reveals that nothing much goes, well, unenhanced — hair and face for starters. If you've ever thought you could benefit from the same treatment — or a quick trip to a top-notch Hollywood makeup artist — let's just say we've found Alexis Vogel's makeup line to be excellent.

Alexis Vogel is a Hollywood makeup artist with her own line of makeup; she's "done" such famous personages as the aforementioned blond bombshell, as verified by Ms. Anderson herself in Alexis' infomercial. Better yet, Alexis now offers her makeup line to We The Public from her website. Consumer time!

Alexis' Complete System is a large collection of her makeup products in a handy carrying case with three zipped pouches: from foundation to eye shadow to mascara, big crayons, lip liners, eyebrow gels, brushes, sponges — you name it — plus a full-color booklet and two instructional videos (one's a real surprise — more about that later). As to quality, we like them: the products do what they're supposed to do, and seem to last a long time. And let's face it: there is nothing quite natural about putting makeup near your eyes, but we've not experienced any sensitivity to Alexis' makeup line.

Pricing? Not bad at all. Certainly far better than your general department store prices; you can get refills, any combination of individual items, and receive them fast at your door. And existing customers get periodic announcements of new products by email.

So, how put all this stuff on? There's the rub with any makeup product. Somehow in the grand scheme of things, we're all supposed to just know how to replicate a "look" or to enhance our own unique looks and support our own unique styles, as if we're born with this knowledge. Given that most of us are not makeup artists — and old habits can die hard — it's good to find that Alexis' Makeup video explains all. Our guess is that you'll be surprised, but we'll say no more.

Another big surprise from the Complete System makeup kit is Alexis' Hair & Lashes video. Not surprisingly, it's hard to look your best when your hair doesn't, but Alexis shows us how to get that "I am tousled aren't-I-sexy" hair as well as her trademark "cat eyes" look.

Hey, it's Friday. And we all like to look as naturally beautiful as possible.

UPDATE:

• See Comment 40 for news about Alexis Vogel's cosmetics.
  • See Jennifer Byrd's Comment 57. Jennifer advises that she believes her inventory is genuine Alexis Vogel makeup. Or take a peek at her eBay listings
DJ logo

99 Comments for "Alexis Vogel Makeup"

1. Andrea says:

I decided to order the Complete System in light. I received my order within a few days and everything was there. I don't know what others found wrong because I absoluetly loved everything! The dvd with alexis was terrific and the makeup was as good as or better than anything I've ever gotten from sephora, especially the foundation. I've gotten so so many compliments!! This is the only makeup I will be wearing from here on out.

Comment posted on 1/13/2009 @ 8:59 am
  2. L.A. Reynolds says:

I would be interested in knowing where one can purchase Alexis Vogel\\\'s makeup line: if not available: when?

Please respond with feedback.

Thank you.

Comment posted on 1/14/2009 @ 5:38 pm
  3. Diane Vigil says:

Hi, L.A. Reynolds. Unfortunately, you know what we know, which is not too much. Hopefully, Alexis will come out with her line, and soon.

Comment posted on 1/14/2009 @ 5:52 pm
  4. Trish says:

I just tried to order by credit card at makeupconnection site. When I clicked to confirm order, a error page came up. I then called the number. I got a message to leave name and # and someone would call me back. It\'s been about 2 hours and no call. I did not try to order again because I thought, \"what if the order really did go through\". I am concerned about my credit card information. I wish I would have came to this site and read all the posts before I tried to order. I am so disappointed Alexis had to let her line go. I wish her well in future dealings.

Comment posted on 1/18/2009 @ 12:40 pm
  5. Trish says:

2nd post
    No one has called yet, but I got an email confirmation on my order. So even though I got the error page when I clicked to confirm order…the order did go through. I'm so glad I did not try to place another order to see if it would work. The older we get..the wiser. I ordered 3 eyeshadows and a concealer. The concealer is what I really needed…never tried the other. I will definately know if the concealer is not the same. I'm scraping the bottome of what I have left…so I will save the rest for a comparison.

Comment posted on 1/18/2009 @ 2:43 pm
  6. Diane Vigil says:

Very cool, Trish. I do the same thing — compare.

I hope the new products are the same as your original Alexis products, if that's what you have now. If they are, could you let us know?

Comment posted on 1/18/2009 @ 2:46 pm
  7. Jennifer Byrd says:

Hi everyone.

I have quite an extensive inventory of Alexis Vogel makeup available. I am a reputable seller, ship professionally and I these cosmetics much less than makeupconnection.com. I love this makeup and wear it myself. The Banish Concealer is by far the best concealer I have ever used.

I was able to purchase these products from a closeout warehouse for a deep discount and I am passing the savings on to my customers. I do believe my stock is the original formula.

Stop by and take a look. The website I have them available is http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/jb1125. If you have any questions at all, message me.

Comment posted on 2/8/2009 @ 8:56 pm
  8. Ann says:

Hi- I don't see any comments since February. Does anyone know if Alexis Vogel has come out with her line of makeup again?

Comment posted on 6/5/2009 @ 6:55 pm
  9. frommyexperience says:

Hey Ladies,

I was actaully searching for Alexis products and came across this posting. I ordered the kit back in 2005 and loved it. I ordered from Makeup Connection in 2007 and hated it. If the you call the 800-number it tells you to leave a message and that's a red flag to me since it was the same way in '07. I did come across the original formula on ebay and was lucky enough to get several foundation trios at a crazy low price. Otherwise I would suggest Eve Pearl until Alexis comes out with a new line. Eve is more money but the amount and packaging is worth it. Also, she is an Award winning makeup artist with a makeup studio in New York, she has a website, an amazing book, and videos on youtube and is waaaaay better than Alexis as far as makeup instruction. Go to evepearl.com

Comment posted on 6/9/2009 @ 11:20 am
  10. Diane Vigil says:

Thanks for the evaluation. I've made your link clickable; looks like pretty interesting stuff.

Comment posted on 6/9/2009 @ 12:58 pm
  11. lawrencine martinez says:

how much does it coast? and how do i get it?

Comment posted on 1/10/2010 @ 1:15 am
  12. Diane Vigil says:

Hi Lawrencine. See Comment #40 above for information. I'm not aware at this time that Alexis has a product line for sale. Unfortunately.

Comment posted on 1/10/2010 @ 8:21 am
  13. Kathryn says:

I ordered the complete kit prior to 2005 and loved it. It was amazing and it lasted a long time. When I recently tried to re-order some of my favorite products I was horrified to find that Alexis is no longer producing her fantasic products. Some company called Makeup Connection is selling stuff claiming it's Alexis Vogel makeup but I can tell the difference and their customer service is non-existent. The colors and textures are not correct. I still have one of my old catalogs and cannot find those wonderful products anywhere. Alexis, if you read this, we really want you back in control and producing your wonderful products. I will buy them as soon as you start your line again. Anyting less is just disappointing.

Comment posted on 1/26/2010 @ 11:44 pm
  14. Diane Vigil says:

From your lips to her ears. :)

Comment posted on 1/26/2010 @ 11:47 pm
  15. Kathryn says:

I just sent the following e-mail to Ms. Vogel:

Dear Ms. Vogel,

I am sure you are already aware of the HUGE number of women all over the world who are SO disappointed that you are no longer producing and selling your wonderful line of professional makeup. I just read the comments posted on the "Designer Jones" magazine website. The outpouring of support for you is incredible. These women know the quality of your original product line and are hoping and waiting for you to produce them again.

Those of us who were lucky enough to use your original products are so disappointed by the unscrupulous company claiming to sell your products that we all know are "counterfeit." We know the difference and will never use those again.

I know that I speak for so many of these women when I say "Alexis, please restart the production of your wonderful line of makeup products. We will buy them no matter where or how you choose to sell them. We want them. We need them. We miss them and we miss you."

Sincerely,

Kathryn ___________________

Comment posted on 1/27/2010 @ 9:34 am
  16. Kathryn says:

Ladies, I just received this response to my e-mail:

I will have my representative Isaiah Mays contact you right away with some news :) Thank you so much.
    Alexis Vogel

Comment posted on 1/27/2010 @ 10:28 am
  17. Diane Vigil says:

Excellent, Kathryn. I'd spoken to a representative for Alexis some long-ish time ago and hadn't heard anything in the meantime, so did not want to announce anything.

Yes, we do need our eyeliners and … everything else. :)

Comment posted on 1/27/2010 @ 1:02 pm
  18. Kathryn says:

OK, ladies. For those of you who did not have the pleasure of experiencing Alexis Vogel's original line of make up and are not sure if Makeupconnection is truly producing her products, here is a quick way to tell. (First, I never discard an empty container until I have a new one to replace it.) Good thing I still have my original empty eye shadow container. The first thing is the size difference: original is 50.06mm diameter, 18.07mm tall. The actual product was 34.80mm in diameter. The net weight was 3g. The original "Dare" color code was 551.
    The "counterfeit" size is 37.63mm diameter, 10.33mm tall. The actual product is 26.45mm in diameter. Net wt is 2g. The "Dare" color code is now 550 and yes, the ingredients are different. There are more chemicals in the "counterfeit". If you would like a listing of both, let me know. I'll be happy to provide it.

Comment posted on 1/28/2010 @ 9:47 pm
  19. Diane Vigil says:

This is excellent information, Kathryn. It's clear that some people did not like the Makeup Connection versions of the products they purchased.

Comment posted on 1/28/2010 @ 9:51 pm
  20. Delia says:

Hello,
    I have been looking for the instructional DVD everywhere, but have not been able to find it anywhere!!!! I have done some research on Makeupconnection.com & so far have read nothing but negative comments about their company, so I know I will not be ordering from them. Does anyone where I can purchase the DVD from?

Thanks,
    Delia

Comment posted on 3/5/2010 @ 2:27 am
  21. Diane Vigil says:

Try Amazon.com: the two DVD's at the top of the page seem to be Alexis' video.

Comment posted on 3/5/2010 @ 4:23 am
  22. Delia says:

Hello Diane,

Thanks for the comment, but I did try Amazon.com and to my surprise the seller is Makeupconnection.com. I don't know where else to look but I will keep looking because I really, really want the instructional video.

Thanks!

Comment posted on 3/5/2010 @ 12:03 pm
  23. Diane Vigil says:

Oh; sorry. I didn't look any further than that the videos were there. Err … eBay?

Comment posted on 3/5/2010 @ 12:04 pm
  24. Delia says:

Oh yes, Ebay is another avenue I've tried and I always get outbid. I've found many videos or sale there but the problem that 99% of the time, they ae VHS.

Thanks!

Comment posted on 3/5/2010 @ 12:08 pm
  25. Diane Vigil says:

Okay. Well, until you find it, maybe this will help. Enjoy!

Comment posted on 3/5/2010 @ 12:13 pm
  26. Delia says:

Oh my goodness Diane,

Thank you!!! I found such a useful video through that link!

Thanks again,
    Delia

Comment posted on 3/5/2010 @ 12:30 pm
  27. Diane Vigil says:

Terrific! She gives great instructions.

Comment posted on 3/5/2010 @ 12:35 pm
  28. Christina says:

I emalied alexis contact information asking about foundation and this is the letter i recieved…..

Hello, Christina!
    We are working feverishly on bringing Alexis new line to market. I'll notify as soon as it's available for pre-order!
    -Isaiah

Looks like we have something to look forward to :)

Comment posted on 3/15/2010 @ 7:21 pm
  29. Diane Vigil says:

Excellent!

Comment posted on 3/15/2010 @ 7:25 pm
  30. Laura Thompson says:

Funny that there are so many of you, feeling the same way as I do. I bought a kit just as she was "leaving," and then tried to purchase more products from the people that took over…what a scam! Makeup was the WORST I have ever used, not the same at all. As I am still searching years later for a replacement product, I googled her name again hoping that she had gotten her new products off the ground…but alas, (sigh) I guess not yet! Has anyone heard anything other than the last post? I REALLY REALLY miss her stuff! And I might add have not been anywhere near as beautiful since she left! : ) Please hurry back Alexis, or give us all suggestions on what you are using in the meantime?

Comment posted on 4/14/2010 @ 6:48 pm
  31. margie says:

When I google Alexis Vogel name and read some of the articles I notice that her makeup line has been in the works for at least 2 years now. I also am waiting patiently for this. We are now into May and no word yet. Does anyone no any other information!

Comment posted on 4/30/2010 @ 5:08 pm
  32. Christina says:

I have a question about her original makeup line
    the dark trio kit contains what colors?

there is the lightest-medium- and darkest tone. which one is which.
    Thanks for your time

Comment posted on 5/6/2010 @ 8:06 pm
  33. Nessa says:

Oh please please please launch your new line. I have not been able to find anything comparable to your original line. Make-up Connection sucks and I hope the Karma from bad products catches up with them.

Patience is a virtue I know, but honestly I wish it were here already!

Rock on Alexis!

Comment posted on 7/29/2010 @ 2:31 pm
  34. elizabeth says:

Okay everyone…she's coming soon! Go to her web site http://www.alexisvogel.com and you will see a picture of Pamela Anderson going "Shhhhhhh…" Then you will see a place to sign up for a newsletter. I am 100% sure this will be the announcement of her new line. From a post I read on her Face Book page, there is a chance it will be launched in September. Either way, I am psyched! I have been waiting a long to for her to come back with her line and so have a lot of you. It will be here soon. ENJOY!

Comment posted on 8/22/2010 @ 9:13 pm
  35. TIFFANY WHITMORE says:

PLEASE I REALLY WANT ALEXIS COMPLETE SYSTEM I HAVE BEEN WANTING IT FOR YEARS ANY INFORMATION PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Comment posted on 1/20/2011 @ 3:46 pm
  36. margie says:

Does anyone what happen to the launch of her new
    makeup line. At first there was a countdown to
    February now its says Spring 2011! Does anyone know
    whats going on!!!

Comment posted on 1/26/2011 @ 3:30 pm
  37. Darla says:

There were some snags in getting her Spring 2011 line launched-which she mentions on the facebook page-The most current info I have heard is due to weather and other problems in the location producing the line as well as fine tuning that goes on behind the scenes-her actual line is set for Summer 2011. I have not used her older line, nor anything from ebay or makeupconnection and won't order anything until she herself posts on her fb page and I know it is the true line she endorses and created. I do not know all the reasons it is taking a lengthy amount of time, nor do I care-I will wait. In the meantime I will use the cheaper store brands in order to afford the correct mske-up line Alexis will be selling shortly. Since the line originally changed long ago while she endorsed the old line w/o her ok and knowledge-it makes sense she would be very careful and make sure she has control over the new line as I know her to be a person of integrity who cares greatly about what she recommends to others. The wait I am certain will be worth it.

Comment posted on 5/22/2011 @ 8:12 am
  38. Diane Vigil says:

Excellent. The way I understand it, there was the original line, and then the line produced(?) by the Makeup Connection, which was unlike the original line.

At any rate, thanks for keeping us updated.

Comment posted on 5/22/2011 @ 8:16 am
  39. Bre says:

Still no word on "Summer 2011"…I hope it comes out soon because many of us longstanding supporters are turning to other makeup lines out of sheer desperation…

Comment posted on 6/17/2011 @ 8:46 am
  40. elizabeth says:

It's October and still no sign of her new line :(
    It's got to be here any day now!

Comment posted on 10/12/2011 @ 5:50 pm
  41. Marcia Lee says:

Still waiting… as far as Makeup Connection, can't even get them to answer the phone. Please-Please-Please Alexis, get your product line out there for us. We miss it so very much, there is no comparison to your make-up anywhere..Please Hurry, we all look bad !

Comment posted on 10/28/2011 @ 10:38 am
  42. Shannon says:

Hosh we r still waiting?

Comment posted on 9/1/2012 @ 1:08 pm
  43. Shannon says:

Her fb page says " early fall". I hope it's true this time

Comment posted on 9/1/2012 @ 1:10 pm
  44. Diane Vigil says:

Yes, it's been a long time coming.

Comment posted on 9/1/2012 @ 2:42 pm
  45. MICHELE COLEMAN says:

I, too, have used Alexis' makeup for years. Please, if you can, save all our e-mail addresses and let us all know when her new line does finally come out and where to get it. I'm sure we ALL would really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Comment posted on 12/16/2012 @ 8:35 pm
  46. Diane Vigil says:

Hi Michele. I know what you mean.

Here's a better idea — I'm getting email notices from AlexisVogel.com, although I can't tell whether she's selling makeup or doing makeovers only. I'd suggest going there and subscribing to her email list.

Comment posted on 12/16/2012 @ 8:40 pm
  47. Margie says:

It's here!! Her site is up ALEXISVOGEL.COM

Comment posted on 10/24/2013 @ 4:53 am
  48. Diane Vigil says:

Fantastic — and thanks. http://alexisvogel.com

Comment posted on 10/24/2013 @ 4:56 am
  49. Sheryl Christians says:

I used Alexis Vogel products, then when Alexis actually quit selling them it went to makeup connection. At first I was happy, but then the products didn't seem the same, and then I had some problems with an order. I sent 5 different emails, never to get a response. I then had another problem. Same thing, no response. I was so unhappy. I have never known a custumer service not to respond. I got desperate and found an email address to Alexis Vogel herself. She responded and let me know she has started her line again. alexisvogel.com. I am so happy, and am getting her actual products again. Go to her site, you will love it!!!

Comment posted on 1/9/2014 @ 1:05 pm

Leave your comment

Comment moderation is on (but comments are appreciated). Commenters must be at least 16.

Manage your subscriptions